Friday, August 9, 2013

Summertime Favorites

Paying homage to some of my favorite summertime foods today that I was fortunate enough to enjoy in abundance this season. Fresh from the earth & the sea. Home-brewed lemon verbena iced tea, sweet corn, crabs, and local hand-picked fruit! nomnomnom.



I also dabbled in (but more like obsessed over) my first garden this summer. It was nothing crazy - just a few potted plants on the communal deck of my apartment complex. But it did bear some fruit! I ate my first sun-ripened, home-grown tomato the other night. It took months of not-so-patient waiting, but it gave me a whole new respect for all you gardeners out there (my hat is off). 



It feels bittersweet to see summer slipping away, but I'm really looking forward to fall - my favorite season. Hot drinks, savory spices, pumpkin, turkey, GRAVY! Bring it.
Slow down & enjoy these last few weeks of summer, my friends. If you need us, we'll be eating lobster on the deck in the dark, savoring the warm nights while they're still here and getting butter all over our clothes.

 

Love,
Amy (& Jamie) 



No comments:

Post a Comment