Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wasabi Lime Vinaigrette



It’s just been way too hot lately, guys. As much as I love hovering over my stove cooking my little heart out, its just been way too sticky in my apartment to fire up the oven or range for more than a few minutes.


So I figured why not get creative with salad?

Buying an immersion blender has totally enhanced my cooking. On top of homemade soups & smoothies, it’s a great tool for blending homemade dressings and sauces. And that’s just what I did the other night when I felt like experimenting in the kitchen, minus the heat. If you like wasabi or anything with a kick, then I think you’ll really enjoy this dressing!

Wasabi Lime Vinaigrette
 
Ingredients:
½ cup canola oil
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tsp wasabi powder

½ tbs lime juice
½ tsp sugar
1 tbs fresh basil, finely chopped

Blend ingredients together using an immersion blender, or standard blender, until the ingredients emulsify and the dressing looks nice & green & creamy. If you don’t have a blender, you can whisk the ingredients together by hand until emulsified.

I drizzled this tangy dressing over a fresh ahi tuna salad. I sprinkled fresh ground black pepper all over an ahi tuna steak and seared it on medium-high heat for only about 2 minutes on each side. Then I laid the tuna over a bed of greens with cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, sunflower seeds, and a sprinkle of goat cheese... and topped it with the wasabi vinaigrette!

And I hardly broke a sweat. 

Love,
Amy

1 comment: